I made some fun cupcakes for Halloween this year. I chose a Spider, Bat, Pumpkin, Witches hat, Ghost and Werewolf. I thought I’d share how to make the ghost and give you a tutorial.
This is one of the easiest but coolest cupcakes to make.
Here’s what you will need:
Large round cutter
For the Ghost –
I made some mini cupcakes at the same time as making these cupcakes and used one to make the bump for the ghost! You can just mold another normal cupcake into shape if that easier.
- Cover the cupcake with icing then make the ghost shape from the extra cake, smooth it out with butter cream frosting so when you put the fondant on it smooth and sticks.
- Cut white fondant out with a large round cutter, you will have to use one bigger than the cupcake. Then place it over the lump you have made! Adjust the fondant so it’s even and has a nice frill.
- Now add the eyes with either black fondant or royal icing. I’d say fondant is easier for this.
It’s as easy as that!
- Use royal icing quickly if it’s left out it will start to set.
- When you put normal icing on the cupcakes make sure you add what ever you put on top quickly as it will set then crack when you put pressure on.
- Put fondant into position then leave it as this will crack if you try to move it later.
I hope you enjoy making these and impress all your friends, if you have any questions please feel free to ask : ) Follow me for more cake tutorials
To see the Bat Tutorial click here